Variation Summary

Variation of Security Bond

Bond Details (Hide Tips)

Rental Property Details
1 Step 1:
Provide the Bond Reference No, rental property address details and the Date of Change (by clicking on the calendar icon).

Select which area of the bond you want to vary.

Next Step:
Complete this section before you can continue to next step...

Approval of Variation Changes by Lessor(s) / Park Operator / Agent

Form Validation

If you experience any problem filling in the online form, download a blank form to complete

1. Maximum Security Bond
Residential Tenancy
  • No more than 4 weeks rent (weekly rent $1200 or less)
  • No limit on bond amount (weekly rent more than $1200)
  • $260 pet bond (Not applicable to assistance dogs)
Residential Park (Long Stay)
  • No more than 4 weeks rent
  • $260 pet bond (Not applicable to assistance dogs)
2. Signing the Form
The form must be physically signed, either in pen or by using a stylus. Electronically generated signatures, including cut and pasted images or eSignature software such as DocuSign are not accepted.
3. Requirement to Give Receipt
A receipt must be issued immediately by the person receiving the security bond. The receipt must specify the date the bond was received, name of the person(s) paying the bond, amount paid, amount of any pet bond and address of the premises for which the bond has been paid.
4. Tenant and lessor / property manager to receive copy of record of variation
Bonds Administration will send a copy of the Record of Variation of Security Bond to the tenant(s) and the lessor(s) / property manager once the bond is lodged. Please keep this Record.

If the Record of Variation of Security Bond is not received as above, please contact Bonds Administration by email at to make sure it has been lodged correctly.

Details shown on the Record of Variation of Security Bond will be required and used by either party to the bond should they make an application to a court to determine the disposal of security bond under Schedule 1, clause 8 of the Residential Tenancies Act 1987.
5. Management of Personal Information
Bonds Administration’s Management of Personal Information Policy is available at Where a bond relates to a Department of Communities (Housing) bond assistance loan, information about the bond may be disclosed to Housing for the purposes of administering the Bond Assistance Loan Scheme.
Seek advice immediately if you need more information
For Translating and Interpreting Services please telephone TIS on 13 14 50 and ask to speak to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety advice line (1300 30 40 54) for help and assistance.